Friday, November 26, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Here is the link! Check out the page we were awarded on!
We are so excited to get this award! Thank you Simple Mommy Secrets!
Monday, November 15, 2010
1. Wash your face before applying makeup! It will help clear up your skin and it makes your face a perfectly clean canvas for your makeup!
2. Find a foundation (if you need it) that MATCHES YOUR SKIN TONE!!! Too many girls are going around with orange or brown spots (or even their whole face) because they cannot apply their foundation correctly, and/or they don't have the right color!
3. It needs to BLEND. Understand that word. BLEND. A trick is to use either your middle or ring finger only to apply it. These fingers are dainty and naturally do not rub as hard so it will even out the foundation well.
4. Keep your eyebrows neat! They frame your face and make you look polished! And before applying any eye makeup, curl your eyelashes! It makes your eyes look bigger. And with eyes, the bigger is the prettiest!
6. Teens are lucky. We can use any eyeshadow we want (shimmery, glittery, etc.) But do NOT use bold colors! Anything too dark/rich (unless you have a deeper or darker skin tone) looks horrible.
7. I know a girl that wears literally 3 vertical stripes on her eyes of the 3 darkest colors she can find. And she is super pale. It looks kinda crazy. So stay away from that!
8. If you decide to wear eyeliner do not EVER put it in the corner of your eyes or inside the lids of your eyes!!! There are a lot of "Online Tips" that say to do this but it is a good way to get a bacterial infection. And trust me they are painful!
9. Apply Mascara!!! It makes your eyes pop!
10. And last but not least...NO LIP LINER/LIPSTICK!!! It is not 1998. Remember Britney Spears in "Hit Me Baby One More Time" ? She was a pretty girl, but the liner was a little over-kill...And by a little I mean a lot! So stay away from those and lean towards lip gloss. It looks the prettiest for teens. It is simple, but shiny and pretty.
Good luck! I hope this helps you achieve your new makeup look!
Friday, November 12, 2010
Top Ten Reasons Why Cheerleading Should be an Olympic Sport...
- All other Olympic sports could have their own official cheerleaders.
- It could definitely be a coed sport.
- There would never be a shortage of judges. Most men would kill for this job.
- Language shouldn't be a problem; how many ways can you say "Go, Team, Go?"
- There would never be a need to drug test; cheerleaders are always smiling.
- Rich countries wouldn't have an advantage; how many uniforms does a squad need?
- It's easier to spell than gymnastics.
- It could go either way, Winter or Summer.
- No special equipment is needed, just give them some ground.
- Pom Poms are cheaper than pole vaults.
What do you think about this? I mean, if ping-pong can be named an official sport, don't you think Cheerleaders deserve a spot too? There is obviously a lot of athletic ability involved and skill, so why do you think it's not a sport? Give us your thoughts in the comment section below! :)
Sunday, November 7, 2010
A few girls have been facebooking me asking me for tips for Basketball Cheer Try-outs. So I decided it was the perfect opportunity to make a post!!! :)
Here are just a few things to remember for your tryouts! :)
1. Make sure you attend ALL of the workshops and meeting before the tryout day. This will help you get your routine's down solid and the coaches always evaluate the girls during this time so they can kind of get an idea of who they want on their team.
2. Make sure you are always standing in the front when learning a routine or cheer or whatever it is you are being taught. You have to act super confident because they will see that, and all the girls that rush and hide in the back will never be noticed by the coaches. You want them to watch you. Even if you are scared, you have to make yourself think you are the best there. They can tell when a girl is super confident!
3. Keep every motion you do tight! This is the MOST important thing you can do! (As well as smiling...)
If you look sloppy, they will automatically rule you out and you will not even be considered in most cases. You HAVE to be sharp! Remember to squeeze all your muscles at once! It begins with squeezing your thigh's and fists as tightly as possible!
4. Be loud! You are a cheerleader! So prove it! This was hard for me to pick up on because when I first started I was super shy. But you HAVE to use your diaphragm and yell as loud as possible!!!
...BUT NEVER SCREAM! I have heard one too many girls scream and screech while cheering and it sounds terrible! You cannot even understand what they are saying! You have to use your diaphragm to make quick, punchy sounds. You can't use your voice to scream. Coaches HATE it.
5. Wear the right clothing to tryouts. Do not wear SUPER short shorts, with tank-tops that show cleavage or bra-straps. You want to look clean, and like you are presenting the school. So wear shorts (and don't roll them), and t-shirt and a cute bow. *If you do wear a tank top, make sure you are wearing a bra that does not show!*
6.ALWAYS WEAR SCHOOL COLORS!!! They hate nothing more than a girl wearing another schools shirt just because it says "Cheer" on it, or whatever. You must wear things in spirit of the school you want to cheer for!
7. With your kicks, it doesn't matter how far off the ground you can get them, you just need to always make sure your leg is STRAIGHT. Even if you can only get 6 inches off the ground!
Click on this link for a video how-to for help with jumps and kicks!!!
How to Do Jumps
8. The same applies for jumps! Keep your legs straight! And NEVER hunch your back! The most important thing with jumps is to keep your back up. Look straight ahead and never down! They want to see your pretty face! :)
9.Smile, Smile and SMILE:)
10. Ask the coach questions, or make small talk with her/him. They will begin to take interest in you. But do NOT become over-bearing or snobby. You want them to like you! So act sweet (but not over-kill) and just happy! Be yourself! :)
P.S-They LOVE when you ask questions! But don't ask too many, or it may get annoying or seem like you have NO clue what you are doing.
Well, good luck to all of you! I hope you guys make it! But remember, if you don't, it is not the end of the world. Even though you may be devastated and it may seem like it is, you will get over it. It is there loss. So take your time off to improve, and come back full on impressing them next year!
Comment and tell us how you do!!! :) And remember to post some pics as well on facebook or the blog! :)
Friday, November 5, 2010
Here are some tips you will need to remember while starting out the new winter season!
2. Remember to do a tunnel for the guys! Have a cheer planned out and maybe even make a poster for them to run through. This can commonly be forgotten during basketball season because of all the hype that was made over football. Don't forget these guys too!
3. Again, these poor guys can be forgotten! Make sure everyone on the cheer team has a locker buddy and go have the team decorate the boys' lockers! It's fun and a great way to let the guys know you care about them too! Maybe even try to talk to them and open up new conversation! :)
4. Because of the tight, indoor spacing in the basketball gyms, you will be right next to the crowd! So do a LOT more crowd involved cheers, dances, and songs so they can be included! It is much more personal with the crowd during basketball than football because the lack of space. So use it to your advantage and pump up the crowd! :)
5. You have a lot more room while performing dances/cheers during half-time or whatever. So make sure you use the room you have! Maybe try to have everyone spread out across the gym in a cool formation like a big X, or a star, or something different! Basketball season is a great time to use a lot of new creativity in your performances!
6. Stunting can be REALLY fun during basketball season! You have more room and a better ability to execute your stunts! Try to perfect them and make them really unique! You want to impress your crowd and give cheerleaders a good name at your school. Get really good tumblers to perform, and have girls stunting. The students get really interested in stunts and tumbling because most of them can't do them at all! Plus they just look REALLY cool! :)
*Tip:* -Use your pom-poms uniquely! Try to spell out your mascot, or something like "WHS" (or whatever your school is). In 7th grade I was the Jaguars and we spelled "JAGS" out with out black and silver poms. It looked REALLY cool!
Just be super creative with this! And if you are not the one making decisions for your team, maybe suggest these to your coach or to your captain! :) Good luck this season!