The Perfect Make-up Routine for Teens...
1. Wash your face before applying makeup! It will help clear up your skin and it makes your face a perfectly clean canvas for your makeup!
2. Find a foundation (if you need it) that MATCHES YOUR SKIN TONE!!! Too many girls are going around with orange or brown spots (or even their whole face) because they cannot apply their foundation correctly, and/or they don't have the right color!
3. It needs to BLEND. Understand that word. BLEND. A trick is to use either your middle or ring finger only to apply it. These fingers are dainty and naturally do not rub as hard so it will even out the foundation well.
4. Keep your eyebrows neat! They frame your face and make you look polished! And before applying any eye makeup, curl your eyelashes! It makes your eyes look bigger. And with eyes, the bigger is the prettiest!
6. Teens are lucky. We can use any eyeshadow we want (shimmery, glittery, etc.) But do NOT use bold colors! Anything too dark/rich (unless you have a deeper or darker skin tone) looks horrible.
7. I know a girl that wears literally 3 vertical stripes on her eyes of the 3 darkest colors she can find. And she is super pale. It looks kinda crazy. So stay away from that!
8. If you decide to wear eyeliner do not EVER put it in the corner of your eyes or inside the lids of your eyes!!! There are a lot of "Online Tips" that say to do this but it is a good way to get a bacterial infection. And trust me they are painful!
9. Apply Mascara!!! It makes your eyes pop!
10. And last but not least...NO LIP LINER/LIPSTICK!!! It is not 1998. Remember Britney Spears in "Hit Me Baby One More Time" ? She was a pretty girl, but the liner was a little over-kill...And by a little I mean a lot! So stay away from those and lean towards lip gloss. It looks the prettiest for teens. It is simple, but shiny and pretty.
Good luck! I hope this helps you achieve your new makeup look!